Deathly Hallows
Saturday, July 21, 2007
OMG I FINISHED BOOK 7!!!!!!!Okay. Let me recount from the beginning of the day.
You know, last time HBP came out, I woke up at 5.30, took 913 to Causeway Point at 6 and reached there at 6.15, and I was the second person. This time, I wasn't!!!!!! I didn't count how far behind in line I was, but trust me, I was very surprised. So, yeah, I wasn't the first to lay my hands on the book.
Okay. I don't know how to review this book without being spoiler-ish. This book is good, in the sense that it is a good finale. I thought it would seem like a rush job, given that JK wrote most of this book in under a year, but no. The pace was suitably fine. The development of the story is good, and there was constant action to keep me reading for more.
Plot-wise, it was a good plot. The book did manage to tie up the loose ends rather well. There were shocking deaths right from the start, and more shocking deaths later in the book. I admired the way Harry stood up to the challenges, although one must admit, the ending is a bit too cliche. In fact, it sucks. JK could have just done away with the epilogue. Seriously.
This book reminded me why Hermione is my favorite character. In Book 1, I admire her wit, her intelligence and logic. But that seem to completely wane over the series, and she mutated into a "Ron-pining" lovesick schoolgirl. But Book 7 bought back her brilliance. Once again, I got to read how her brilliance saved the trio in their adventure. Her wonderful logic and common sense is totally... wow. Hermione rocks!
Hmm... If you want to find out the ending, message me lor. :P