Secret & Burnt Bikes
Sunday, August 26, 2007
I finally watched Jay Chou's 不能说的秘密 (Secret) today! :D I watched it with SL, who similarly, hasn't watched the show at all.

It is the best Chinese movie that I have watched in the recent years. Seriously. The storyline was excellent, and I love the build-up of the movie. The climax rocks, and trust me, I was very very emotional (almost to the point of tears, I swear) at the VERY CLIMAX when Jay was playing the piano to.... (no spoilers wor! :P) However, the ending can be improved on. Seriously. There are some loose ends that needs to be tied up, and the ending, if you do some deep thinking, doesn't really connect.... Oh yes. I want to comment on Jay's excellent piano-playing skills (Now, I think that it is Jay really playing the piano. His skills are excellent, I've heard). I really love his skills and playing style, especially during the piano battle. :D

Watching Jay playing the piano so well reminds me of my childhood dream. Like wanting to learn French, wanting to learn to play the piano is another dream of mine. But too bad, I can't really learn it now. Nobody will teach an adult (something about fingers being too stiff), and I don't have money for lessons anyway. Thanks to choir, however, I do know how to play simple notes and tunes. Mainly to find the pitch (finding it is one thing, pitching to the note accurately is another... :P) though. Ha.

Anyway, back to topic. I am rating the movie a 4.5/5. -0.5 for the ending. :P A highly recommended movie from me. :D

Okay. Now comes the juicy news. (Not that kinda juicy, CQ. :P)

Apparently, arsonists are running rampant in Woodlands Circle. They torched ablaze 20+ bikes in my area during the wee hours of the morning, and 14 of them were parked in the carpark opposite my block.

Also, apparently, EVERYBODY in my block knew. Except me. Because I was sleeping.

My brother said he couldn't wake me up because I was "sleeping like a pig". He didn't even try to shake me lor. -.-" See la. I miss out of the action la. Think of all the gossiping I could have done. :P

But, amidst all my frivolities, my sympathies extend to all the 24 bike owners out there. I do hope that the arsonists will be captured as soon as possible, and may justice be served. I believe in karma. :D
9:16 PM