Lousy Soldier
Wednesday, September 26, 2007
OMG. I just realized how lousy a soldier I make. Oh wait. I always know that all along, but this is realization man.

Anyway, I had Ground Defense Training (GDT) today, compulsory for all Air Force personnel to get familiarized with the M16 rifle (after so long of not touching guns). We have to get dressed in No.4, the army camouflage uniform.

I spent like, 15 minutes getting ready in that thing. Seriously. Firstly, the uniform is kinda too big for me already, it's like I am drowning in them (OMG I SLIMMED DOWN!!! :D :D).

And then, OMG, I realized that I took out two left boots from the storeroom yesterday. And shit, it was almost time to go down, so I don't have the luxury of bringing down boxes to open to find my boots. Anyway, the boots were kinda big for me, so my right foot didn't feel uncomfortable wearing a left boot. But boy, it looks weird.

And then, I can't tie my garters! I am like, sweating and panicking and my garters can't secure the excess pant length (which was REALLY long). After 10 minutes of trying, I finally figured out that I had done it the opposite way (put the garters outside my pants, as opposed to inside). I barely made it to TAB on time.

From this horrible experience, I know why I am so happy being an Air Force Technician. I always hated the army, I don't like the idea of being a "soldier". I don't like war; I don't like fighting; and killing is stupid. When I got posted to the Air Force, I can finally discard my "soldier" status, even though, as we are constantly reminded, Air Force is a military organization, and that we are soldiers before technicians, but I totally disagree. I see myself as a tech, not an army solider. That's probably why I am "garang". Because I feel so 幸福 being a Dedicated Crew Chief.

Even though it's only for one day, wearing that No.4 throws me back to being a solider, and I hated the idea of it. I would rather wear my blue coveralls please.
7:06 PM