On BMT and Treats
Saturday, September 15, 2007
I went back to Palau Tekong today, my first time since 1 years and 3 months, to send my friend, Jason Yap, for his enlistment.I can't really say that it brings back nostalgia, because this time, I am viewing the entire process from a different perspective. The cook-house food, well, they served us western meal, and it is still the same as the ones I eat every Thursday (if, I ever eat :P). The bunks, company line, doesn't change. Nostalgia? Nah... I didn't really like BMT. I don't like army stuff, all the stupid discipline and chiong sua crap.
We toured Falcon Company, the one Jason is in right now. I met an old friend there, David, from PJ choir. He's a section commander for Platoon 3 for Falcon. Too bad he isn't Jason's commander though. Jason's commanders, well, they look...fierce. :p David is a nice guy. :)
Hmm... But seeing Jason off, especially when we depart, is kinda sad. I mean, I feel sad for him. He's going to go through so much shit and tekaning (not that it's any different in where I am now... but still...), and seeing him walk away from us, his friends and brother... It's kinda like a parent sending their son off to some foreign lands... Ha. I suddenly have "parental feelings". I am weird like that. But oh well. Jason is quite looking forward to it anyways. I wish him all the best in Tekong. Best Recruit wor! :P
At night just now, I met up with SL, PY and Glor to have dinner. Thanks to PY who reminded me, I ended up treating the three of them to Swensens' Earthquake (and I ended up paying 66% of the bill... I am kee siao today. :P).
This whole mess all started with me treating WQ, CQ and Joyce to Swensen's Earthquake early this year because I was horrendously 1 hour late for our lunch meeting. And this thingy spread to the whole of ASG, and suddenly, everybody wanted a treat as well. Oh well. This is my third time treating Earthquake wor. I believe I still have Janet left to treat... Hey. Go sometime before end October. I have some vouchers to use. *hint hint*. :P
And so, I learned my lesson. I shall never treat anyone unless the whole of ASG is present. :P