Swimming!
Sunday, October 28, 2007
YAY! Finally, in oh so many months later (actually, only 6), I get to swim again!

Woodlands Swimming Complex has finally completed its renovation, and excited members of the public thronged the crowded pool (making it more crowded) on Saturday to get a taste of the new pool water.

Okay, that last line was probably not correct. But it was certainly crowded when me, SL and Joyce went to swim in the evening yesterday.

We broke the first tradition before we even entered the pool. But I cannot publicly tell you what. It's a sensitive matter... But still, ouch, goes our wallet.

After much hoo-haa and meowings, we finally put our stuff into a locker and went ahead with the actual swimming.

Before I tell you that, I shall describe the new swimming complex.

The baby pool is now upgraded! With slides, water spewing out of lots of weirdly shaped contraptions, almost reminiscent of Wild Wild Wet. The children's pool (I term it the "middle pool") still remains the same old thing. The competition pool remains the same though, except that there's a tarp/tent-like thingy hanging over half of the pool, perfect for a shade to escape the horrendous midday sun.

Gone are the shops, and in place, there's a gym. Entrance fees cost $2.50, and it is separate from the pool entrance. It is big, and air-conditioned, so gym-goers might want to check it out. There's a new section near the competition pool. They installed a changing room for the kids there. Well, new concept. I saw quite a lot of kids using it, so probably it's a good move by the management to have that facility.

Okay. Onwards to swim. We swam, and we gossiped. Basically, that's what happened. Swimming and gossiping lasted 1.5hours. I am of course, the slowest swimmer, but I hardly care now. But I was freezing! Seriously. I literally froze too. My fingers went numb at the end of the swim, and felt like a block of hardened flesh for 30minutes even after I came out of the pool. o.O But, YAY! Swimming! Something to keep myself fit and slim while I indulge in sins of delicious food. :P

Oh yes. I forgot to describe the changing room! For the males, that is. (What, if you want updates on how the female changing room looks like, ask the two girls. I ain't stepping into that even if you give me a million dollars.) The open concept is gone, and in place, lots and lots and LOTS of cubicles. They totally improved the cubicles by leaps and bounds too. There's now a small partition to put your bags and belongings, and it won't get wet from the shower. So useful!

I am certainly wanting to come back for another swim. :D

P/s: Dear ASG. Look at the latest post in our blog concerning swimming. :D
12:42 PM