Jay's New Album
Tuesday, November 6, 2007
I've gotten Jay's new album, 我很忙, today; the first day it hit the shelves of our music stores (after 4 days of an unexplainable delay).The album is very dynamic, containing a lot of different styles. Jay seems to be experimenting, and produces a good work out of it. I do think that it is much better than his previous album, 依然范特西.
I was actually very excited to get his album, because of "牛仔很忙", the 主打歌 that has been hitting the 93.3 waves these few weeks. That song is very vibrant, and catchy, and it makes me excited for the new album.
I like quite a number of songs from that album, notably "我不配", "甜甜的" and "最長的電影". 我不配 is very popular amongst the general population, being the top favorite song in this album. It has a nice melody, and touching lyrics. I like 甜甜的 for its soft pop-rock flavor, and it makes me wanna groove to the music. I like 最長的電影 for its typical Jay Chou-ness, the overall 感动力 and power of the whole song.
The other songs are typically ok, not too bad. Or maybe it is my tiredness that is affecting my music taste. My sleep debt is growing by the pile, and shit, I am almost dead now...
But I digress. Overall, I rate the album 4/5 stars (OMG SO SHINY!!!). Get it! It's worth the $18.90. :D