Feaking Hell 140
Sunday, December 16, 2007
I am feeling a strong sense of resentment against my unit (which I will not disclose due to public/confidentiality issues, but of course, if you know me, you will know which particular EVIL unit I am talking about).

I already sacrificed my Saturday to come in for duty. I was supposed to be in the morning shift, and I known it like a week ago. So, I did what other people would have done: I made plans to go out with my friends in the evening. But Friday, my plans were smashed. Due to manpower issues (about people not being current, about people pulling out their wisdom tooth LAST MINUTE, about lots of stupid things), I sacrificed my plans and my weekend. Fine. Whatever. I will get Monday off, for being in the afternoon shift, I was promised.

NO. Due to manpower issues AGAIN, my Monday off is gone. And guess what? I am very lucky. Out of all the afternoon duty people, I am the ONLY one coming back tomorrow. Geez. I wonder why.

For so many months, I didn't take MCs as and when I feel like, because I don't want to be labeled as chao keng, or because "OMG if I take MC, there won't be enough people tomorrow!!!". I didn't go for things like wisdom teeth extraction, because taking 10days MC is kinda mean to the organization, and my wisdom teeth needs no extracting anyway. I always say "okay lor" to things like getting my Saturdays eaten. For so many months, I have been so giving. Because I have principles of not being seen as "chao keng" or "unfriendly" or "difficult to work with".

And now, where has it gotten me? GETTING EATEN AND EATEN AND EATEN AND EATEN AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN. Why am I the only one chosen to come back? Because I am too easy to eat? I don't know, but one thing I know for sure, I am getting sick and tired of being treated like shit.

Maybe it's time to make an appointment with the Dental Officer. 10 days of MC sounds very glorious to me now (even though I will have difficulty in eating; which is good, because I can slim down YAY). Very enticing.

4 more months to ORD. 4 more months to leaving this shitty place.

Ha. Don't ever believe everything you read in the papers. Nonsense bullshit.
12:38 PM