2007 In Retrospect and 2008 to Come
Tuesday, January 1, 2008
Time really flies, doesn't it? Another year has just came and gone. 2007 left quietly at the stroke of midnight today, and 2008 came, with fireworks and bangs and shouts, ready for us to experience another year in our lives.

Looking back at 2007, it has certainly been quite eventful. It has its high, and its low. Certainly, I enjoyed the happy moments. As for the sad moments, I would like to believe that I grew and learned out of them.

In 2007, career-wise, it is one hell of a roller-coastal ride. I got posted into my squadron in January, and it took me 4.5months to be a qualified Flight Line Crew. The biggest break for me came in late May, where I was attached out to 143SQN, home of the glorious Phoenix. I am glad it happened, because that's where I really experienced and discovered the humanity of working life in the Air Force. I was very very happy there, and that is the high point of my career thus far. I was posted back to my own unit in August, and bumbled along until now.

However, I have to give credit when credit's due. I have to thank my own SQN for all the hardship, because I realized I became more assertive. I learned how to face up to all those challenges, and I like to think that I grew stronger. I also have to thank 143, for training me to be more independent in my work. Due to lack of manpower, sometimes they don't have luxuries like spare men like my own squadron can afford. So, I became very independent, and I learned how to do a lot of things myself; a lot of servicing and maintenance jobs that I probably wouldn't care for myself to learn if I remain in my own SQN. So, I am very proud of the fact that I can confidently say, "hey, if nobody's free to help me, never mind. I can do it myself", unlike some useless spineless idiots that I know. So yes, that's one big learning experience for me in 2007.

In friendships, I have certainly made and cemented a lot of friends.

I have grown much closer with some of my air force friends. Some, I can truly say that they are my close friends. Khooty, Colin, Zi Chao, Yao Feng, Edwin, Leslie; I have built very strong friendships with them, in our special own ways, and I am glad I got to know them in my life. May our friendship continue after our air force days! :D

As for ASG, we got stronger than before. We had and survived through 2 ASG chalets, which means 5 days and 4 nights of living with each other. We had our own ASG blog, and we even have our very own ASG polo t, a concept that was in discussion for one year until its fruition in December. We just celebrated our 7 years in this December's chalet, and our friendship just grow stronger by the days. I am glad I still have the ASG with me, even after secondary school. You gotta admit, not many people still go out regularly with their secondary school friends, and it takes a strong bond of friendship for us ASG to survive 4 years after secondary school. People of ASG, you rock! :D

I believe that 2008 is an exciting year to come. In 2008, two events I have been really wanting for would come true.

I will be ORD-ing this coming April, something I have been looking forward to since the dawn of time. I mean, I never wanted to go to NS in the first place, so ORD-ing to me, is a sweet sweet dream coming true. 110 more days to ORD. It will come soon.

Another dream come true for me is that I am going to enter into the next phase of my education: university. I have been looking forward to that day since I got accepted into NTU's Nanyang Business School, and it is finally gonna come true for me. 8 more months to go! :D

Of course, I am also looking for a job. I am looking into tuition. I need a job that can sustain me into my university years, and as I see it, I am not the waiter nor the sales assistant type. Besides, I love to teach... I am looking into teaching secondary school chemistry, but right now, I shall have to revise upon my chem work. It has been 2 years since I touched chemistry, but I believe I still can grasp the concept back, once I do some revision... We shall see.

2008 sounds like a year filled with wonderful potential. I can't wait to step into this whole new journey! :D
5:57 PM