My Food Pickiness
Sunday, January 13, 2008
I must get this loud and clear. I am picky about my food, and I stand by it.

ASG people know. They know how picky I can get. They know better than to mess with me when it comes to my food.

There are things I don't want added to my food. Things like spring onion (and many more). I abhor it. I shun it. I HATE it. I don't want it going ANYWHERE near my food. Not even to touch it.

An incident on Friday has left me fuming with anger. People didn't respect my wish not to have spring onions and fried onion heads going anywhere near my noodles. They made fun of it, and they think it's trivial, and my order was in danger of being polluted with those nasty things. I was boiling inside (I didn't want to create a scene when my superior is there).

"Where got people like that one??? You can always take it off later!!!" Those two sentences are clearly, horribly, WRONG.

Firstly, I "am like that one". If you go out with me to eat, I will always make special requests to my food to the wait staff. As a consumer and a customer, I have every right to dictate what I want to put in my mouth. Every. Single. Right. And if that right is violated, I will not hesitate to unleash my wrath.

And no, I can't just "take it off". MY FOOD IS POLLUTED, FOR GOODNESS'S SAKE. To you people who eat garnishes everytime, of course you wouldn't understand how I feel. To you, I am making a big fuss. But to me, it's a matter of life and death. I think that it is a matter of great transgression when my food is polluted with the foul-tasting garnishes.

I was boiling that day. And still am now. Food is a very sensitive issue to me. So, I hope you understand that, and don't ever try to mess with my food orders. Ever.
1:27 PM