New Year Celebration
Tuesday, January 1, 2008
I spent the last day of 2007 with my friends. I can truly say that I really enjoyed myself that day.In the morning, some of the 26th went to Colin's house to watch movies and have fun. In the morning, Colin, Khooty, Edwin, Leslie, Kelvin Pang, Ming Hui and Eugene met up first to watch the first movie, Bridge To Terabithia.
The movie was touching. I can feel for Jess for going through all that. It certainly would have devastated me to experience what Jess did, so I totally can empathize. It's a good show that portrays very accurately the classroom scene and how children can cope and "defeat" their nightmares through the powers of imagination. This is, most certainly, one of my favorite movies this year.
Halfway through the movie, our ordered lunch arrived. We ordered pizza, garlic bread and chicken wings. Here's some photos showing us eating. :D


After watching the first movie, we all played Citadels. I introduced the game to them, and I think they all had fun playing it. It's a nice game after all. :D

After the game, Yao Feng arrived. We all took a photo, in celebration of the year to come, for 2008 is the year of our ORD! :D

Leslie and Edwin then left to meet their friends, and the rest of us settled down to watch Zodiac. The movie was about a long search to find a serial killer in the late 1960s in the US, who named himself Zodiac. The movie's pretty okay (save for the killing scenes), but it got kinda boring and draggy at the end. It's just an average movie, in my opinion.
After the movie, everyone left except Khooty and I. The three of us are going to the Chevrons' Countdown Dinner later on, and we went to prepare for the outing. Except Khooty. Who didn't do anything. :P
We set off from Colin's house at 6.50ish, and arrived there at 8.20. We were kinda late though. Everyone has been seated already. So embarrassing.
The dining experience is quite okay-ish. The emcee is funny and hosts well, and he sure knows how to make the audience have a good chuckle every now and then. The food is once again, typically wedding dinner banquet food. God. How many times have I eaten shark fin this year? I think 2007 is to "make up" for all those years that I haven't attended a wedding dinner, "make up" for all the shark fin that I didn't have over the past few years. :P We escaped at 11pm, because the thing is starting to get boring, and we wanted to watch the fireworks at the Marina Bay area. (Seriously, the magicians were really grating on our nerves.)
Here's a photo that someone helped us take at the banquet. :D

We originally wanted to go in front of The Sail to watch the fireworks, but due to time constraints and a bit of lost directions, we went to somewhere near One Raffles Quay and 老巴杀. We were behind the cranes and The Sail, somewhere parallel to where ASG was watching. We only made it just in time for the fireworks.
The fireworks were beautiful, but then again, fireworks are always beautiful and spectacular. However, I prefer the fireworks I watch during the National Day period. That was much more spectacular and with much more "bang". :D Still, a good show nonetheless, and I am glad I am watching it, and spending my first minutes of the new year, with Khooty and Colin. :D

After the fireworks and much frantic calling via jammed networks, I managed to meet up with the ASG in 老巴杀. (Thanks, once again, to Khooty and Colin for accompanying me to wait for ASG there. :D) Our supper wasn't really that fantastic, but at least the hungry cats ate something.
I only managed to reach home at 3+am after all that eating. It has been a very fun day that I certainly won't forget. :D
And here's to ASG, here's my part of the ritual that I didn't manage to complete: HAPPY NEW YEAR ASG!!!!!!!!!