Organiser's Rants
Friday, January 11, 2008
Being an organizer of events certainly does sucks. You have to co-ordinate everyone in the properly, and ensure the smooth execution of the event. A successful event does gives the organizer a certain sense of pride and satisfaction. At least his/her efforts didn't go to waste, after all. That's probably why I like to organize outings/events. Usually.

What I hate most is the asking part. Maybe my temperaments are not suited to be asking people, chasing them for answers. I do admit, I am very impatient. I expect people to give me an answer, fast. I don't understand dowdiness (sms-es are supposed to be fast and instant), but I understand that people sometimes don't look at their phones till later in the day due to work/study reasons. I understand that.

However, when I clearly messaged people at the start of the day to give me answers by the end of the day, given such a huge time-frame, I don't know why people still can give me replies one day late. Even though I said their replies are urgently required by the end of the day. I don't understand.

Or, worse. None at all. I think it is eff-ing rude of people NOT to give me a reply. I took the time to message and type in all those things, and people just simply, DON'T REPLY. Or worse. Replying to another party, thinking that "oh, since I replied to XXX already, why for reply to KY?". I think that it is very rude, and it really did piss me off. I mean, come on. You could have replied "I already told XXX, and my answer is yes/no. Get the details from XXX.", or a one-word "yes/no", I will also be happy. But by not replying me, you are not respecting me as an asker, and did not at all respect the asker's need for an urgent reply. Moreover, I did not, in my message, say anything about "you can reply to me or XXX". None. So, I do not understand why someone cannot type a simple reply to me. I simply do not understand at all. Is typing a short message so difficult that the effort kills you? I believe not. And also, imagine how pissed you would be if you are the organizer, and you know of your friend's reply via another person. It is damn zek ark, and some of you will agree with me.

I really do wish these kind of stupid nonsense won't happen again. I suffered too much of them already.

But still. I continue to be the "asker". Perhaps I am a masochist, who enjoys suffering through all these pain and anger and angst. Or perhaps, I would rather be pissed and angry and get a reply at the end of the day. Ha.
10:10 PM