Counting Down to ORD
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
As I was walking home today, a thought came into my mind.

I have only 51 days left to my ORD. It seems so far far away. 51 more agonising days to go through...

However, something came to my mind, and I realized that it isn't that far away after all.

On January 1st 2008, there were 108 days to my ORD. On January 1st, I spent my first few hours of the year with Colin and Khooty watching fireworks, and then meeting the ASG for a late late supper.

Now, half of the period past. Half. I was overcame with shock and surprise. It seemed like days ago that I was watching the bright fireworks illuminating the dark skies of 2008. And now, I reached my halfway mark already.

That gives me hope, that my ORD is near. It's very near. Within a blink of an eye, in 18th April, I will be wondering "50 days past so fast. It seems like days ago I was only blogging about 50 more days to ORD...". Yeah....

But as the old saying goes, so near, yet so far. 60+ days may have past since 010108, but 51 days is still a daunting figure. 51 more agonizing days to go. 51 is such a huge number. 7 weeks and 2 days more. 14 more weekends. (God. Exactly the same length as my BMT period.)

I really really can't wait.

P/s: I realized something. When the figure was a 3-digit (700+... 600+... 200+...), I couldn't really be bothered to countdown. Maybe the figure is still too huge to deal with, and it was not worth agonizing myself to countdown from such a big number. As the number dwindle to a 2-digit figure, one does tend to perk up and start the slow and agonizing wait. But I should comfort myself. I made it through 680 days. What's another 50 days, right?
9:37 PM