Hair Revelation
Monday, May 19, 2008
You know, there are some points of time in life when a big huge revelation strikes you, and you realize something is terribly, horribly wrong?Yeah. I had one of those last Friday. During lunch, I took a picture with one of my colleague, and then, oh god, I realized that my hair absolutely and horribly sucks. And no. No pictures of me looking horrible.
Actually BFF told me that on Wednesday when we met up for dinner, but I denied it all the way through. Until I saw that photo. And realized that I have been going to work for 2 weeks looking like a train wreck.
Basically, what I am trying to achieve with my hair now is that I want to grow it long and achieve something like Jay Chou's kinda hairstyle (click here for a picture). But my current hair is too short for me to do anything (stupid army hairstyle) even similar to that. Also, my hair has grown in all directions, and I really mean all, so now, it is rather looking like a pom pom.
Therefore, I resolve to go to a hairdresser and fix my horrible mess of a hair. After trawling many forums and consultations with Quinze, who recently trimmed his hair, I decided to go to Heatwave in Marina Square. I read a lot of rave reviews about the salon and their hairstylists, and furthermore, it is cheap.
So, I went on Sunday. Ricky was my hairstylist (I didn't specifically ask for one, but in retrospect, I should have la), and basically, he didn't do anything dramatic to my hair. He didn't change the length or anything. He only thinned my hair, and gave it some shape for my hair to grow out into. He can't do anything much until my hair grows longer though (my hair growth = SLOW = FAIL!!!), although he did say that I have to soft-rebond and maybe do some treatment when my hair gets longer, cause my hair strand is quite thick and wavy, not good if I want long hair. Hmm.... I am still thinking about this though, cause rebonding not that cheap. The service standard in Heatwave is very good. The hair-washer guy is very wen rou with my hair, and then gives me some hot tea while I wait for the stylist. Good service. :D
After that, I met up with Glor, SL and Joyce to go to Holland V to relax and eat. We went to Essential Brew, the one we went to on CQ's and SL's 20th birthday celebration. So yes, you can finally have a look at my new hair. :D

This is me and my food, Ooolong Poulet (Poulet means chicken in French, and it is dressed wtih specially-brewed oolong sauce. That's why I like Essential Brew's food. They infuse their food with tea favors, and that brings out a new taste. :D).

There's the 4 of us with our food. :D
After dinner, we had a sudden inspiration to go to sing karaoke. So, after sourcing out all the possible outlets we can go to, we decided on K Box @ Jurong East Entertainment Center. It offers us long hours (from 10pm to 4am) for $30 per person. Not a bad deal, considering it's almost $5/hour.
Wa. I had such a good time singing. It has been so long since I sang karaoke. My falsetto did not disappear as I originally thought I had; I just need to find time to activate it. :p It's just that I am using more and more of my natural tenor voice to sing songs by male artistes, instead of using falsetto. I think that's a good step into training my voice back into shape. :D

There's me looking horrified at the amount of peanuts I have to eat (fished out by SL wor!)...
After karaoke, we went to McDonald for breakfast. I finally tried the McGriddles. Actually, it is the same as the bacon thingy that McDonald has been serving since forever. The only thing changed is the bread, which is very soft. That's all.
I finally got to sleep at 7am.... and woke up with a stomachache that lasts all day until just now. You cannot believe the pain I went through...
Anyway. I digressed. So, yes. There's my new hair! I hope I can finally achieve my desired look soon! :D