Work
Saturday, May 10, 2008
I have worked for 3 days so far, and I am here to give my report.To use MacDonald's tagline, I'm Lovin' It!!!!
That's right. I love my new job. It's so cool and shuang. The people there are friendly, and I get along well with the other temp staffs. I mean, wow. They give you work to do, and they generally leave you alone to do your own work. I mean, total freedom man. So cool!
Plus the staff perks ain't too bad. There's free bus to and fro work, and thus I can save up some moolah for my transport. There's also discounted price for staff at the SIM Cafeteria. What's not to love man? :D
You know, speaking of work, I read today's Straits Times' Saturday Special. It's about Generation Y joining the workforce, and how do the companies deal with the different young generation.
I am proud to say that I am a member of Gen Y, and when I read the articles, I most definitely can relate to them. I am a typical Gen Y-ster. I want challenges, I want to show my skills, and I am impatient for new things to come. Those qualities must be quite different from our older generations to understand, I must admit. I do hope employers read up on those articles, and hopefully, can better relate to us. You guys can check out that section too. :D