Eye of the Storm
Sunday, June 8, 2008
For this past week, a storm has been brewing all around me, while I am at the centre, unaffected by it all.

Yes, I am literally at the eye of the storm, unharmed and unaffected while things around me are blown into shreds.

I use work as my excuse. It's a very convenient one, and very true. Working till 10-11+pm everyday, and then waking up at 6 to get to work at 8, leaves one very little time and energy to care about anything else other than sleep. I now understand how some people use work as an excuse, because I have experienced it myself.

Honestly, up to now even, I really can't muster up the energy to give a damn about what happened.

Yes, my stubbornness sparked off this whole storm. I have certain priorities and principles in life, and changing hotel to a lousier one just simply doesn't sit well with me. Yes, I may go along with the decision, because hey, majority wins and all and since this is a democratic society, but it doesn't mean I have to be happy with it. (Which reminds me that Hillary Clinton lost the US Democratic Primary Election, and I am not happy about it, but I recognize that this is democracy, and I will put my hopes in Senator Barack Obama for the presidential election)

For the record, I think withdrawing from the trip is not necessary. You're thinking too much about what can happen and letting your fears cloud your judgement. My views are simply this: if we can sit down on a Sunday to play mahjong happily for the whole day without arguing, then I think we can survive the HK trip without the worse for wear. But well, since you made that decision, I am not gonna bother to dissuade you. If you want to quit on us and quit on working to improve our friendship... *shrugs*

Now, it's only the three of us left in the HK trip, and we are determined not to let everything spoil our fun. We are going there happy, and coming back happy. I better come back happy, cause I am gonna spend my 21st birthday in HK. I better not to be sad on 7th July. =P
12:57 PM