UniSIM Work Review: Part II
Monday, June 30, 2008
UniSIM Work Review: Part II

The workplace ain't complete without its people. I firmly believe that a major part of why I love my job so much was due to my colleagues. These wonderful people will never fail to brighten up my day everyday. So, here's a tribute the wonderful people who made my work-life a very memorable experience.

Here are the people, in order of appearance:



First, we have Kelvin Ng, our beloved supervisor. (Yes, yet another Kelvin in my life. I can't seem to escape from the Kelvins. =p) He's a really nice guy. Really really really nice. I really remember him thanking me sincerely for every single little thing I did for him. I feel very appreciated by that, actually. He can click well with all of us. I think being around our age group helps a lot too, in that aspect. I can really see that he is good and responsible in what he does, and for that, I am really glad to be given the opportunity to work with him in these two months. =) All Kelvins are the best, right? ;)



Next comes Anson. LOL! He's a real funny guy. I remember going up to him to ask him about the bus routes at the end of my first day, but I don't remember being gan chiong, ok! Then, as more and more people came in, he started to show his funny side. Omg. Thinking of all those things he did (hint hint: look at the picture =p) makes me laugh out loud now, haha!! But, he can also be a very "deep" person, after reading all the articles he published online. Thanks for the great memories, dude! Good luck for your studies in UniSIM! =D



Chong Hui was the first temp colleague I talked to, and was "forced" to be my lunch buddy. LOL. I am sorry I was so irritating, and keep insisting to eat lunch with you. I damn scared of eating alone ma... Hehe! But hey! Thanks for being so nice to me for all these while! I wish you all the best for your police career! May you catch all the big bad criminals and get your pic in the news! Then you will get promoted big big! =D



A week later, comes Alan, or aka, Ali. =D Ali was my traveling buddy when going home, for he lives near me. At first we didn't talk much, but as the days go by, we can sure talk a lot, hor? I will forever remember the "Indian Boy" comment one of the monitors made. Looks like Alan is our multi-racial representative of our group! =D



Ah Guan, the Silver Surfer dude, came with Alan on the second week. Actually, his name is Kun Guan, but we shortened it to Ah Guan. Sounds nicer, right? He's also 好人Guan, because he likes to do good deeds and help people. Hehe! Thanks for helping me pull and put back scripts at such short notice wor, really appreciate your effort. Good luck in your studies, yeah? =)

Then the week after, came a whole bunch of 5 temps....



This is Chun Liang, aka Ah Liang. LOL! I didn't really have a good impression of her at first, but slowly, her openness and loudness managed to break the ice between us. Her jokes and laughter will never fail to brighten up my day. OMG. This girl is damn loud and funny lor. Because of her, I learned all sorts of bad habits. Now things like "aha!" and her "HARLLLLOOWWWW!!!!!" are part of my daily vocabulary. LOL LOL! See la you, see what you did to me! =p Hee Hee! I really admire her openness and how easy she connects to people. I wish I could be like that too! Hee! But well, good luck girl, in your OCBC job this Friday! Maybe I'll see you when I use OCBC in the future wor! =D



This is Pei Jun, our teacher-in-training. She is cheerful and 开朗, and never fails to give a warm smile to her friends. She is also easily embarrassed. Just say her a bit, and her face goes red instantly. LOL! Very funny lor. She does a very good Indian accent. Actually, her and Ah Liang both. Because of the two of them, now, whenever I hear Indians talk, I will feel like laughing out loud. Very bad you know. LOL LOL! Good luck in your teaching, Miss Calcutta! Don't go crazy over the little kids hor? =p



Eric always meet me in the shuttle bus to work. I really admire his dress sense. He can really accessorize well, putting on jackets and t-shirts with some accessories and creating a whole new daring look. He really has good fashion sense. I enjoy working with him too. The two of us have similar work principles and view a lot of things in the same way, and we got along really well. I am glad I got to know Eric as a friend. =)



This is Edwin Wong. (Yes Quinze, this is the one who shares the same name as you. =p) He's a ultra friendly and cheerful guy. His wide smile will brighten up everyone's day. He uses the EDMW language fluently, with all his "zeh zeh"s and "up lorry"s and his ultra funny sms-style. I am glad to know you, Edwin! =D



Chin Hian is a rather quiet guy who doesn't talk much, but I can tell that he is full of thoughts (to quote Micheal Kors, "cerebral"). He's forever getting teased by Ah Liang on his reaction to her announcement of "我要大便", haha! I wish I could get to know him better, but I can definitely tell you that he's a nice guy who can tolerate all of our nonsense. HaHa! All the best to your studies, yeah? =)

That's it for everyone... .... Right?

Wrong! How can you forget about me? I am after all, part of the team!



Here's me eating breakfast (The JH drink stall aunty makes the nicest toast!) in the office, during one of those busy days when I decided to become a workaholic and started work super early and asked my friends to buy breakfast up for me. =p

Hee! Now the picture is complete. The following are several group photos...





This is a drawing by Anson using a highlighter. Can you make out who is who? =p



This is us at our pizza party in the office on 20th June, when majority of the temp team ends their contract, leaving only 4 of us to continue to help out for one more week. The unfamiliar guy you see is Colin, Ah Guan's and Eric's uni friend, a temp working in the HDSS department.

Well, that's the end of the narration. I shall remember my two months with much fondness and happiness, and I must once again, thank all of you for giving me so much happy memories. I love you all! Lurvee lurvee!!! =D
2:14 PM