Bed of Roses
Friday, July 25, 2008
I am a pragmatic and optimistic person.

For the longest time, I sincerely believed in the phrase, "Life is not a bed of roses". I am no fool thinking that I can coast along the path of life thinking everything will be perfect, and I won't get hurt or face challenges. No. I expected a very bumpy ride, from the beginning to the end. I expected it after I truly understand myself...

I believed in that phrase, until now. Now, I say, "Life is a bed of roses". I suddenly realized something. Roses have thorns. Yes, we all are surrounded by beautiful things in life (represented by the beautiful petals of the roses), but yet, we are also hurt by the ugly side of life (represented by the thorns of the roses).

However, I am determined that I can face up to the challenges life can throw at me while I walk down its path. I am determined that if I fall, I will pick myself and try again. I will learn, and I am very determined to create my own happiness, my own happily-ever-after. I am optimistic of what I can do and achieve. Yes, so prick me with your thorns; I am not afraid.

It is also in writing this post that I hope I can inspire my friends out there, if you are feeling down and out, to pick themselves up and walk again. There are better things waiting for you down the path of Life, I am sure of it. Go and find your happiness. =)
8:41 PM