7th Month
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Throughout all these years, I have been upholding a family tradition of sorts. In every 14th day of the 7th Lunar Month, I would go down with my family to burn offerings for our "fellow brothers".This year, I was not able to do so. One, I am staying in hall. Two, even if I am not in hall, my class ended at 6.30pm today, and it would be too late even if I rush home (unless I take a taxi la).
I feel very ke xi that I was not able to join my family this year. Even though I am an atheist, to me, this is a family practice, a family tradition of sorts.
But, I did contribute to the tradition by folding the paper incense into gold ingots and stuff. Kinda fun la, and well, I felt at least 安慰 that I was able to contribute something, even if I cannot burn them or throw rice/bananas/wine all over today evening.