RSAF Open House
Sunday, August 31, 2008
Yesterday, I went to RSAF Open House with my air force friends from the 26th NSF batch.

Our main aim was to catch up with our seniors in 140, and to catch the aerial display, which features a scramble by our squadron guys.

We arrived at around 9.45, and we went to say hi to some of our squadron guys. We didn't talk much, as the aerial display is starting, and our seniors keep chasing us away to catch the show.

The show brings back nostalgic memories, especially the scramble part. Hearing the planes start up, a sound which I didn't hear for 4 months, brings back memories. That was what I used to do! Some of you might call me siao, but, yeah... I really miss the sound of the F16 starting up. (And stop telling me to sign on. Just because I miss my job back in the Air Force doesn't mean I want to commit myself to the military for life.) The scramble was a shortened version of the real thing.. but ayiah, cannot show the public everything ma. =p The rest is ok la... Ayiah. Don't know what to comment, cause after the scramble launch, I lost interest already. =p

After that, we all went to the crew room to talk to the scramble people. We met quite a number of people: Zhao Lin, Alex Xiao, soon-to-ORD-and-most-senior-NSF Wang and of course, our CWO, 1WO Chiang. We caught up with each other for a quite a while, and then we moved on to the static display area to talk to the rest.

There, we saw and caught up with our seniors, including Thomas, Encik Teoh, Bernard, Major Markin, Eit Haw, Anthony Tan, Tian Chye, Dennis. We even tried to "test" our juniors, the 30th batch, but they overheard us saying "6WC", so we were exposed. =p We took pictures with almost everyone, including the BK pilots (who recognized Kelvin Pang). People like Quinze took pictures of the F16s at almost every angle. LOL! It's like, a very rare opportunity to officially take pictures of the planes we touch everyday, so Quinze went photo-crazy with my ex-camera. =p I can't wait to see how it turns out. Quinze, I want photos!

The Open House is okay la. I think what made it fun was because I was from the air force, and I have friends there now. Otherwise, it was just kinda boring for me. Remember, for future air shows, please remember to bring water bottles and apply sunblock. Lots and lots of sunblock. (I am now sun-burnt. Great. One more tan-line to the already existing one I got from Hall FOC. Must remedy those ugly tan-lines soon!!)
5:25 PM