Mamma Mia
Friday, September 26, 2008
Mamma Mia! Here we go again! My my, just how much I miss you....

BFF and I watched Mamma Mia on Tuesday. I have been wanting to catch that since I read Meryl Streep's interview in 8 Days. It promises to be fun and exciting!

And it is! It's a very engaging musical, full of good tunes. A lot of times, I feel like just standing up and dance to the groovy tunes! =D

Movie-wise, the plot is good. The story is not predictable, and it progresses slowly along the movie, with an unexpected ending. Meryl Streep, once again, shows us why she is the Queen of Hollywood. She shines through in this movie, culminating in her breath-taking solo scene of "Winner Takes It All" (which she did in one take in the recording studio). That was the defining point of the movie, a perfect climax. That scene is moving, and I would watch the movie again just for that scene alone.

If you love fun, dance-inducing musicals, then you should definitely catch Mamma Mia! 4/5 meows!

The winner takes it all, the loser has to fall. It's simple and it's plain, why should I complain?
6:51 PM