Censorship and Abuse of Power
Saturday, January 24, 2009
I really really hate censors. I hated them ever since I knew what they did. Who gave them the right to dictate what we should or shouldn't watch? Who gave them the right to dictate what we should or shouldn't read? I always believed in free speech and right of freedom. And I hate people taking those rights away from me.
Especially when it comes to a common team blog. Recently, censorship has hit the ASG's blog, where all of us are being denied the right to voice our opinions in a free manner, just because the blog's creator doesn't appreciate light-hearted banter in the tagboard.
Nobody is formally complaining that the banter was annoying. Nobody. If anybody did, we would have stopped. We are all matured adults here. I am sure everyone in ASG would attest to that.
There is not a need to silence us and take away a very convenient tool of communication in the blog just because the sole dissenting voice, who happens to hold all the power of the blog's editing function, is displeased.
This is akin to dictatorial censorship, and I will not stand for that.
Must we all resort to such extremes? After all, we are friends. We are not your subordinates. Must you abuse your power so? Listen to your friends. Give us our voices back. Love us; don't oppress us!