Little Nyonya - GuiHua
Thursday, January 1, 2009
Like the rest of the Singaporeans, I am caught up with the latest blockbuster from Mediacorp Channel 8.

小娘惹, or The Little Nyonya, has captivated us with its intense storyline. I want to talk about today's episode.

Of course, being a regular reader of 8 Days, I knew everything in advance. Today's episode show of how GuiHua got a stroke when she was confronting YueNiang. I wanted to see how the evil woman who tortured YueNiang and her ancestors came to a good end.

Instead of glee, I felt utmost pity for her. Before she suffered the stroke, she realized that YueNiang was not the cause of everything that happened to the Huangs, but instead, it was karma. She shouted, "造孽啊! 是我! 是我造的孽啊! 是我刻薄你mama, 刻薄你nya, 刻薄你! 要报复,就报复我! 老天给我报应啊!"

Seeing her like this, I felt so sad. She finally realized her follies at such an old age, and she has to get a stroke for it too. I wouldn't say she deserves it, cause I don't wish these kind of things on people. To me, it's just good that she finally 知错.

On a side-note, Lin MeiJiao did a fantastic job portraying Huang GuiHua, and I would love to see her clinch another Best Supporting Actress for that role. =D
11:00 PM