ASG CNY House Visitng 2009
Sunday, February 1, 2009
Yesterday, ASG went for their annual Chinese New Year House Visiting for CNY 2009.

First up, they arrived at my house at 11+ as the first stop. It was quite a brief visit, while we wait for the whole gang to arrive and then move off.



Then, we went to Janet's house, which is just a few blocks away from mine. The main attraction was her dog, Lex. HaHa! We spent about an hour playing with Lex. At every house, we strive to take a group photo. I forgot to pass my camera to Janet's father to take, so, Janet's house was the only one where I don't have group pictures of. Instead, here's a photo of me playing with the adorable Lex.



Then, we moved on to Gloria's house. The main attraction this time is her cousin, Min Min. She's very cute! We spent about 45 mins there playing with Min Min and watching TV. =D This time, we almost forgot to take a group photo in her house. Luckily, we remembered and took one outside her house.



After that, we went to Hui Ling's house to have lunch. Her mother prepared a delicious spread of noodles, curry, sotong balls, chicken nuggets and logan dessert. Eldine (Pei Ying's boyfriend) and James (Hui Min's boyfriend) joined us at HL's house. We had our fill there, and we play some ban luck (blackjack in Hokkien) before going off to the next house. I have discovered a lucky $1 coin, which let me win (or at least, zhao-ed) about 10+ consecutive rounds against XC, who was the banker for the round. Heh heh. I kept that away to be used for the next round. Thanks auntie, for the nice lunch! =D



Our next stop is Pei Ying's house. That is a rare stop. I have not been to PY's house at all. OMG right? 9 years of friendship, and I haven't been there before, while PY and the rest came to my house very often. LOL LOL! PY and Joyce gave us our long overdue India souvenirs, lol. This time, we really forgot to take photos until we were in the lift. That's why this following photo shows us at the lift lobby. LOL! =D



Next, we went to BFF's house to 拜年. We watched some TV, and then sat down for some more ban luck. This time, SL became the 庄, and my lucky $1 coin was immediately lost in the first round. HaHa. After a few rounds, CQ's sister's boyfriend came to play with us. He turned out to be SL's 财神爷, which none of us can counter until me. HaHa! I managed to bring wealth to almost everybody (except for one round, which SL got ban luck, and so did me and Janet, so we escaped) for the last 3 rounds. =D HaHa!



We went to some zhi char store near CQ's house for dinner. Joyce's friend, Jack, joined us for dinner. We also lau yu sheng at the zhi char store. The dinner was ok la. Not very excellent food, but it will do. After all, the company matters more. =D



After dinner, we went to Wen Qiang's house. It was quite a brief 15 minutes visit, as we have to rush to another house next. We felt quite bad about it, actually. I hope his parents won't think that we are rude.



We went to Hui Min's house next. Hers was another house ASG rarely visited. I can safely say that for most of us, it was the first time visiting her house. HaHa! Her mother was very friendly and hospitable. =) Some of us played mahjong, while some play ban luck. We discovered that SL cannot have wind blowing behind her back, or else, the rest of us will suffer badly (like, when CQ switched the fan off behind SL's back at WQ's house, she got a ban luck immediately). So, WQ devised a strategy of creating man-made wind, aka, blowing. That has led to many jokes and laughter about some of our "blowing skills". (Now, PY, do you understand why I made that blowing comment? =p)



The last stop was SL's house. HaHa! We had yet another round of ban luck before most of the ASG leave for home. Once again, I ban luck, but it was a zhao, as SL ban luck as well. LOL. I was the only one who escaped. But, that phenomenon didn't happen again. LOL!



The rest left at 11:45pm, and me and XC stayed behind for mahjong. Joyce joined us shortly, and we played until South Wind before going down to the nearby coffeeshop to eat some supper. Haha! I finally had my most-craved-after 鱼圆冬粉汤. I haven't ate that for AGES. Seriously. All the other 鱼圆冬粉汤 elsewhere cannot compare to this store. My absolute favorite.

After supper, we play some more mahjong until Eldine and PY came back from their friend's house. We played more ban luck with XC the banker, who ban-lucked and ban-baned quite a number of times. =X After Joyce went to sleep, we all played more mahjong until 6.30am. I then sent the rest (except XC, who took a cab back to NUS himself) home via cab.

HaHa! It was quite a fun experience visiting everyone's (well, almost) house for CNY. This year was the first time I dared to put $1 for ban luck. I have always been putting 10/20cents for ban luck since like forever (cause last time, I don't wanna lose so much ma). LOL. Maybe it's because I can afford to this year. Or maybe it's because I started to think differently about gambling. I mean, last time, whenever I won or lost, I would be very happy/upset (even though I don't really show it, especially sadness, cause that's very poor 牌凭). Now, I would be like, very bo chup. Win then win lor, lose then lose lor. In gambling, there's always winning and losing. If I lost, cannot blame anyone except myself and luck. =p So, yeah, no big deal. 看得开就好。 What matters most is that I get to play with my friends, and enjoy their company. =D

LOL. I digressed. Anyway, I really enjoyed myself yesterday, and I hope the rest of the ASG did too. Can't wait for next year's CNY House Visiting. =D
4:00 PM