Hall Prod, Oscars and Glor's Birthday
Monday, February 23, 2009
OMG. I haven't blogged for like, in a week?I have been rather busy with my Hall's production (Mistaken; The Musical) for the later part of the week. I was at NAFA from Friday to Sunday, with yesterday being the day of the play itself.
Well, we all certainly worked very hard, from the cast to the backstage crew. I am so glad that our Sets team managed to pull it all off perfectly, and I am proud to be able to contribute significantly to the play's success. =D
Despite getting very little sleep over the past few days, I still woke up very early to catch the 81st Academy Awards at 9am, and I am glad I did too. I found the show to be entertaining, and Hugh Jackman's musical numbers certainly kept the show fresh and fun. I am glad Sean Penn and Dustin Lance Black won Best Actor and Best Original Screenplay respectively for Milk. Their wins and speeches are very important voices to the GLBT community, and I am grateful for the awareness and inspiration they brought up to the people around the world watching this ceremony.
And how can I forgot about Gloria's 22nd birthday on 22nd February? That's right people! 22nd on 22/2. How lucky is that? I have to wait 55 years for my phenomenon to occur (do the maths people). I rush down after Hall Prod to surprise her, and lo and behold, surprised she was! She totally didn't expect me to come, after I keep telling her that I won't be able to make it. =D I am glad I did too (but I do feel a bit guilty for pangseh-ing my hall friends after the show... supposed to help them clear the stage)! We had lots of fun, and I got to emcee at a "wedding"! The video is with HL, LOL. I want that, and all the videos we took! =D Once again, happy birthday Gloria! =D
This week is my recess week, finally a time to relax. Of course there are the gatherings with friends, and Marketing meetings, but it's good to have a break from studying once in a while. =)