Shop N Save Revisited
Friday, May 8, 2009
So, I went back to my former workplace yesterday with my parents (they wanted to buy fruits for the altar, I want milk for my Coco Crunch).

It has certainly been quite a while since I entered 768's Shop N Save. Anyway, I didn't want to blog about the shopping experience. I want to narrate what happened after we paid the cashier.

So, we got 2 stamps from our purchase. Those annoying bits of stamps that haven't died down, and the company seem to be 敲诈-ing the customers more with increased minimum amount of purchase and increased number of stamps they have to buy before getting a stupid voucher. So yeah, we got 2 of these.

When we were walking out, I saw a very familiar sight. This old old OLD auntie was standing by the doorway, extending her arms like a beggar, begging people for stamps. My mother, having no use of these stamps, gave them to this auntie.

I remembered her while working as a cashier there 3 years ago. I remember that after purchasing at my counter, she would stand there and harass other customers for their stamps, like I am haunted by an incessant kiasu ghost. 3 years later, she is doing the same thing again, at a different location. It was disgusting, honestly.

Yes, you can tell that I bear no goodwill towards her. I think she is very pathetic. I think kiasu-ism has driven her to such pathetic measures. I think she should spend more time watching 黄金年华 instead of harassing customers of the store.

Or, she could be feeling lonely because her children are not at home/abandoned her/husband died or she could be an unmarried spinster who can only derive fun out of collecting stamps and harassing other people.

But still. She is a nuisance, and I am glad I don't have to deal with her.
12:06 PM