22 Years Old
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
So, at 11:22am today, I turned 22.YaY! YaY? YaY.
Yeah. Just about summarized my feelings about being older. =p
There's nothing much to being 22 though. It's just, a non-figure, especially if you compare it to last year, where turning 21 is a milestone in a person's life (about being legally adult and all). 22 is a non-event where you realize that you just turned older without any special meaning.
So, what have I learned in the previous year? I liked to think I have matured in my thinking. Besides growing older physically, I also liked to think that I have matured mentally, become a year wiser.
I have experienced one year in NBS. One year in NBS can teach one a lot about group dynamics and politics (whether if it is within your own group, or with other groups). I have dealt with so much, and will probably gonna deal with more in the coming 2 years. But, I have also made very good friends in NBS. People like Jerome, Andy, Van. People I can trust and talk to, so that's all good. =D
I have also experienced being independent, with one year staying in hall. Okay la. Not really independent, but still, I do things that I wouldn't do back at home (like washing my laundry, cleaning the floor). So, yep, another learning point. HaHa!
Yeah, it was quite an eventful year. Heh.
So, what did I do during my birthday? Well. I slacked at home, mostly.
I also spent one hour choosing and planning my outfits for the outings with my friends this week. It's quite a mayhem, with me trying on various tops, bottoms, belts, shoes and bags. I quite enjoyed the process, and at the same time, I discovered what type of tops goes better with what type of berms, belts and shoes. =D
I also enjoyed a steamboat dinner with my parents. We had steamboat today due to my birthday. It's quite filling and sumptuous, thanks to my parents. =D
So, yeah. Here's today in essence. =)