Deleting Old SMS
Monday, July 13, 2009
On Sunday night, I was prepping my old Nokia 6120 phone to trade in for my iPhone.That phone has been with me for 1 year and 9 months. That phone holds a lot of memories.
Songs that I put into my phone (but rarely listened to cause I listened to the radio most of the time. Now, it's gonna be the other way round...), pictures that I have taken with my camera (self-whored and otherwise =p), and sms-es from friends.
I saved what I could, transferring songs and pictures into my laptop, before deleting everything that defines that particular Nokia 6120 as mine.
However, I was unable to transfer the sms-es that I saved over the 21 months. Those include birthday wishes (for my 21st and 22nd birthday), sweet/touching messages from my friends and really funny ones.
I read the messages. I savored the warm feelings. I laughed, I thought and I smiled. And then, with a heavy heart, I deleted them.
Even though they are physically gone, but the funny, sweet and meaningful words will forever live in my heart.
Now, as of this time, I am sending Zen (one of my hall friends) off at Changi Airport, as he leaves for Sweden for his 6-months INSTEP program. I hope he'll have fun in Europe, and come back safe and sound! =)