High Fever
Sunday, July 19, 2009
Question: How does one sleep when he has a 40-degrees fever?

Answer: He cannot.

Seriously. From 9pm last night till 6am, I was having a tremendously high fever. I can't sleep, because my joints and muscles hurt no matter how I positioned myself. I can't sleep, because it's too cold and if I cover myself with my blanket, my fever will increase (it really does).

It was until 6am+ when I finally fell asleep due to exhaustion/tiredness. And when I woke up, my fever subsided to 37+.

Now, it's back to 38+ again. Yes yes, I will be going to sleep after writing this entry.

I feel sad lor, actually. I cannot attend Andy's 21st birthday celebration. I feel immensely guilty. WHY MUST I HAVE A FEVER NOW?

I cannot imagine why I would wish for a fever when I was in pri/sec school, or was actually very happy when I actually kena one. Maybe the thrill of missing school overrides the pain. Now that I am an adult, I am acutely aware of the pain. Very acutely.

Sigh. Looks like it's gonna be another long night. :(
9:13 PM