Hall 1 FOC 09/10: CHIPMUNKS!
Sunday, August 9, 2009
Hey hey! I am back from my 6-days Hall 1 FOC Camp!I went there as a Chipmunks senior this time round, helping Yong Joo (the CGL) and the rest of the MGLs with whatever I can help with, and then also, taking care of the juniors whenever possible.
It was a totally different experience coming back as a senior. As a senior, I really know all the inner-workings around the camp (why and how certain things happen this way instead of that). I also knew how my seniors felt last year and understood a lot of their 苦衷. I also bonded really well with some of my other seniors also. I was painfully shy amongst them last year when I was still a freshie, but now, I think I opened up a lot more because I can relate to them more easily. I mean, as a freshie, there was a senior-freshie divide la, but now, I don't feel that way anymore. LOL!
I took care of the freshies a lot. I kept giving them water, made sure they are constantly hydrated. I also made efforts to talk to some of them, to keep them un-bored and prevent them from sleeping, and also to build friendships la.
I say, this new batch of Chipmunks seems different from our batch. Quite obvious right from the start (I shalln't go into the differences, least my blog got stumbled upon). I am quite interested to see how they will bond in the coming semester, and also, how many will come back for next year's FOC. :)
It really was quite an interesting experience going back for Hall 1 FOC. Maybe I will come back next year. Maybe not for the full camp, but I will be back to teach Cheer Fight (we won AGAIN! So proud of my freshies! =D). Whatever happens, happens. =D