Gong Xin Ji
Monday, December 7, 2009
All that BFF's fault la.

In July, he recommended me to watch Boys Over Flower to 解闷, and I spent 4 days crying and crying over the show.

Then, after this semester, he recommended me to watch 宫心计 to 解闷 also. I spent about a week hooked onto the drama.

宫心计 was the hottest drama in HK for these past few weeks, with roughly half of HK's citizens tuning in to the last episode. I can see why.

This drama is addictive, and the storyline is quite well-paced, letting us hooked onto every single episode waiting to discover what comes next.

宫心计 is aptly-named. This drama mainly revolves around the 后宫 of the Chinese Court, exposing the politics and the resulting 尔虞我诈 of the 宫女s and 妃子s. However, although this drama is exciting, I feel that watching too much all at once (like, 8 episodes in 1 day, omg) can be rather depressing. The scheming and betrayal is really too much to bear, and makes the world look so 悲观.

But, the main character, 刘三好, is a bright spot amongst the darkness. Her mantra of "做好事,说好话,存好心" serves her well in life, and has gotten her the support of many people. However, the HK people find her "too fake". They grouse that there can never be such a perfect person in the world.

I beg to differ. Even though she might be "too perfect", but I admire her for sticking to her morals in every situation. She is someone I really look up to. I should really do more good things, say more good words and have more good thoughts in my life. Just like somebody I know. =)

My favorite scenes has to be in the last-two episodes. I really can't tell you why, because I will spoil you, but seeing how the events are played out really make my hair stand and me gripping on to every single second. I keep watching the later parts of the second-last episode. So good! =D

I watched the original HK drama in Canto. I tried watching the Chinese dubs, but omg. I can't stand how unnatural how the character sounds in Chinese. Well, once a Cantonese, always a Cantonese. =)

You all should watch this drama, if only you can stand all the constant 尔虞我诈 of the women in the 后宫.
3:13 PM