Tiger Year CNY
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Wow. It's a very different first day of CNY, without my father around.Due to the lack of car, and our inherent laziness, we decided to skip a lot of houses this year for CNY visiting. When I mean a lot, I mean relatives from my father's side. =p
We only went to my maternal grandmother's house in the afternoon, because that's when almost everyone from my mother's side will gather. It's been long since I have almost everyone from that side of the family gathering around for CNY (I always missed them, cause I always go to my grandmother's house late in the afternoon, after they have left), so, it is a refreshing change.
HaHa! The relatives all quizzed us on my father's status, and my mother pushed all the questions to me, cause I can explain better (in English, YAY, cause my mother's cousins and siblings are English-speaking). Yeah. They are all concerned la, which is good. Father will be quite touched to hear that.
After the visit, we (mother, brother and I) went down to TTSH to visit my father, and bring him some CNY cheer from our "reunion dinner" (I can't even call it a proper reunion dinner, with one family member missing...) that we ordered from some restaurant 2 weeks ago. We gave him some shark's fin, abalone, etc, stuff from the 棚菜. Father's quite stable, although we are not sure if the medicine is working yet (he hasn't tried walking, and he can't anyway, he's practically forced to stay on the bed and be bedridden). I guess we will know when the doctors do some CT scans later in the week to see if the medicine's working. I really hope it is...
So yeah. Well, I guess the good thing is that I get to sleep in and wake up really late for 大年初一 this year. I mean, many people has been telling me to look on the bright side... So yeah. Bright side. =)
(Oh, by the way, I am not worried about the lack of 红包s this year, if we skip my father's side. Let's just say that the bulk of my CNY earnings every year come from my mother's side, being the richer side and all...
Ok. I am so bitchy. *shrugs* But hey. It's a fact. =p Bright side people, bright side.)
I should probably end off by wishing everyone some CNY greetings, since I haven't mass send any SMSes and all:
祝大家新年快乐,万事顺利。希望你们在虎年里行大运,如意所愿!我们一起HUAT AR!