Englightenment
Saturday, June 19, 2010
During the past two weeks, there are some incidents that happened in the office. They made me realize that there are more to working life than what I could possibly imagine.[I don't know how to elaborate without sounding overtly bitchy (opps too late for that), or that I am giving out sensitive information about my workplace (well, there's actually a HR policy about blogging about workplace issues. I know. I wrote the new version. =p), so I am not gonna elaborate on what actually happened. You just have to live with some ambiguity for this post. =p]
Maybe I was too naive. Or maybe it is because of the fact that I am still young and full of drive and energy and very willing to do almost everything. But, the things that have happened have made me realize that the working world is not as simple as I think it is.
I think I have got to re-adjust my thinking a little. Hmm.
But luckily there's always BFF at the end of the day to talk to. He always make everything so clear. Like he succinctly pointed out, "At the end of the day, humans are looking out for their own interests". Which is true, and is reflective of what actually happened. Or the fact that "When you are nice and fast and efficient, people will take advantage of you. But when you don't want to help them or do their things too slowly, people will bitch about you". Which is also true.
Sigh. But luckily, there are always good colleagues to brighten up my day, with jokes and laughter and support. I look forward to work because of these people. =D