NDP2010 Combined Rehearsal
Sunday, July 4, 2010
10 years ago, I was in the Padang, as part of the Combined School Choir in the NDP.10 years later, I returned to the Padang, but as part of the audience for the Combined Rehearsal.
Well, it was raining, for most part of the parade. I tell you lor, being in a poncho is definitely NOT FUN. One, it is very stuffy. Two, it messes up my hair. I hate it.
Well, because it's the Combined Rehearsal hor.... the performances weren't really up to par. For the choir, the movement and coordination could be tighter. Kinda all over the place lor.
I don't mind. Cause that can train one. At least can see their attitudes were enthu about it. I can't say the same for the YOG athletes. They were supposed to do some drum segment. I mean, the drum sounds were pre-recorded and all (like every single thing in the NDP. Every cat also know...), but hor, they were totally not putting in any effort to fake. Can see on the screen hor, that some were lost, and some were half-heartedly beating the drums and some didn't even bother.
I was kinda disgusted by that blatant display of nonchalance. I mean, they are YOG athletes representing our country in the upcoming YOG, and here they are, being so unprofessional.
Maybe it was because I used to be part of the NDP performers 10 years ago, and at that time, the conductor kept reminding us to open our mouths and do the actions correctly when we are supposed to, because the cameras will be zooming in on us constantly. We were expected to be professional even in combined rehearsals lor. I don't see why the same standards were not applied 10 years later. Really a big TSK TSK to them lor.
But haha. At least it was kinda all worth it. To see the F15s and F16s fly past (and my thoughts go to the poor techs working in the airbases, and the maintaining the smoke-pipeline isn't fun). To see the fireworks. It was worth it in the end. =)