Way Too FUNtastique
Sunday, September 5, 2010
Yesterday was the annual Human Resource Club's Bridging Day. Actually, no. In a bid to change and liven things up, we changed the name and concept.

So, yesterday was HRC Orientation Day: Way Too FUNtastique!

I was assigned the role of a Group Leader, for one of the 4 groups we had. HaHa! Throughout my experience as a GL, I realized that I am not a very loud leader. I am not the rah-rah kind. Seriously. If you were in my group, you would probably be sitting around in a circle talking to each other, while the other group around would be doing loud cheers.

I am not the kind to be the one to enthu the whole group. In fact, I felt very uncomfortable when I had to do that. After a while, I just gave up. Ahaha.

But yeah. I really realized that I am not a loud leader who can 带动潮流 and energize a massive number of people. I am more of the quiet kind, who will go up to people and talk to them on a personal level. That's more me lor.

Probably that will have implications on the workplace later. What if I become a HR Director and will need to rah-rah employees? This is bad. Sigh.

But oh well. Moving on! From an organizer's point of view, the event went well! We had good attendance rate, which I am very very proud of (kudos to our wonderful publicity team)! Our event went well, and people (mostly) enjoyed themselves. We took a new bold direction and extended a traditionally half-a-day event to a entire full day, and our efforts paid off. :D

So, YAY! This gave me encouragement to drive my upcoming project, the HR Youth Forum! Which means, I have to stat planning for it now. Ahaha! =p
10:53 PM