Narrating BH325
Monday, November 1, 2010
So, in today's Learning and Development class, our teacher got us to do a simple exercise using a very interesting story. She got a girl to roleplay Elaine, and a guy to roleplay Roger, and I was a narrator (narrating only the second para, ahaha).She wanted to teach us about "the things that were said" and "the things that were unsaid", and how both elements in the conversation can impact learning in organizations (think, for example, performance review with your boss. This is a form of learning, for both the boss and the employee).
But that's not the main reason why I am sharing this story with you. I just happen to think that it is an interesting article that highlights the typical Girl VS Guy reactions and thoughts during a conversation. I also thought it is interesting to note that I can really empathize with Elaine a lot, especially for the analyzing part, right BFF/FF/OPY/Khoots? =p
So right. I hope you enjoyed the little story, and hopefully it got you to think for a bit about the things you say, and don't say, in conversations (and how it impacts your learning---- ahahaha no la. That's for HR people like me =p). =)
P/s: By the way, I = zai narrator. True fact. =p