Teabag In Hot Water
Monday, November 8, 2010
So today, I had a guest speaker for my Learning and Development class.

(Yes, I am posting something from this class again. Haha! It looks like this class jitao gives me materials to post like that leh! =D)

She said something very funny and true, and I felt like I must spread the wisdom around: A teabag in hot water will show its true colors.

It's true, oui? But the way that she expressed it was so funny, we couldn't help but laugh.

Now, I wonder if that is an actual expression... Hmmm...

ETA:
In case you are really curious in what context she used the expression (well, you know, some might be, but hey, I am willing to spread the love of HR!), here it is:

She was telling us how a supposedly good hire for a position in her company actually turned out to be a total misfit, and caused a whole mess during the short time she was there. She was driving home the point while a company might have the best and most valid selection and assessment tools; they are not fool-proof. People can do well and be theoretically a good candidate for the job. Theoretically. The real test of the mantle comes from the job itself. Putting the person on the job really shows how capable the person is, aka, his/her true colors. :)
11:37 PM