London: Part 1
Monday, May 2, 2011
So, here I am, at a Starbucks outlet near my hostel, whiling my time away until my walking tour starts at 10am.That's what one gets when one takes a night flight and arrives at 5-bloody-am in London.
The flight itself was great! I sat in the middle of 2 middle-aged ladies. One was silent, while I talked to the other one on my left, a Filipino grandmother visiting her son in London. It was nice being able to talk to a complete stranger in the plane.
After arriving in London Heathrow, I took an hour-long train ride to King's Cross St Pancras Station, where I met a Singaporean couple. We didn't talk much, but kept smiling at each other. Ha.
And when I stepped out of the station, OH. MY. GOD. London is bloody cold! It's like 11-degrees and the wind keeps blowing. I mean, I experienced this in Sydney before, but omg, my ears hurt and now, my left pinky hurts too! :( Bloody wind. It looks like my jacket and I are gonna be very best friends for the next 9 days (and I can keep wearing the same t-shirt for 9-days too, since nobody will be seeing it anyway =p).
So yes. Now I am here in Starbucks, enjoying cheap coffee (like seriously cheap. The venti here costs the same as tall back in Singapore. Ha. Looks like I should be spamming Starbucks as much as I can), writing this blog, wifi-less, waiting for time to go back. I hope my day in London gets better!
Au revoir! =D