London: Part 2
Monday, May 2, 2011
I just came back from watching Wicket in the Apollo Victoria Theatre in London's West End.

Wicked was damn awesome! It tells the story of the 2 witches in the Wizard of Oz (full story here). The plot was exciting and really goes beyond the stereotype of the good guy-bad guy that the novel makes out both witches to be at first. The acting was seriously great! Seriously damn good, and my £62.50 was very well spent!

My favorite character has gotta be Elphaba, the Wicked Witch of the West. I identify with her so much, especially after all the traumatic events that she went through. At the end, it feels that there really could be a "Wicked Witch" living inside me, ready to burst out.

She sang a song, "Defying Gravity". It was the climax of the show, and marks the turning point of everything in the Wicked Witch's life. After hearing that, 我真的起了鸡皮疙瘩. So, here are the lyrics to this song! Enjoy!

Defying Gravity
Something has changed within me,
Something is not the same.
I'm through with playing by the rules of someone else's game.
Too late for second-guessing,
Too late to go back to sleep.
It's time to trust my instincts,
Close my eyes and breathe.

It's time to try defying gravity,
I think I'll try defying gravity.
Kiss me goodbye, as I am defying gravity,
And you won't bring me down.

I'm through accepting limits,
Cause someone says they're so.
Something I cannot change,
But till I try I'll never know.
Too long I've been afraid of,
Losing love I guessed I lost.
Well if that's love,
It comes at much too high a cost.

It's soon I'll be defying gravity,
Kiss me goodbye as I'm defying gravity.
I think I'll try defying gravity,
And you can't bring me down.
11:30 PM