Harry Potter: The Final Movie
Saturday, July 16, 2011
I watched the final movie with Joyce, Jack and Joo Eng, our colleague at work. It was all thanks to the hospital union that I got to watch an IMAX movie at half price.I gotta say: The IMAX screen is fabulous! But the 3D effects in the movie has nothing to shout about.
Just like the plot really. For all my rave and reviews about how true Part 1 is when it comes to adapting the book, Part 2 is the complete opposite.
I mean, the basic idea and flow is there la, but the details of each scene were drastically different from the book, and I can't say that they were better. I understand that they did the changes for cinematic effects, but that just destroys the beautiful intricacies of the book and plot.
From a non- book purist's perspective, my friends who watched the movie said that it was only "so-so". Ha. Guess it wasn't really that good after all.
So yes, the final conclusion is that: books > movies. =D