Abscess & Its Pain
Saturday, October 1, 2011
Last Sunday morning, a small red bump appeared at the back of my neck.

Then on Monday, it suddenly ballooned into a huge lump. And it hurts leh. Seriously. It hurts to a point when I can't move my neck except to stare straight, cause any neck movements would cause pain to my neck muscles and spine.

So I have gotten 3 days MC till Friday, when I consulted my GP to get referral to KTPH A&E.

After a week of tolerating this stupid growth, I went down to KTPH to get it cut. I thought I would need to go under general anesthesia to get cut, cause that's what happened to my brother when he had a large abscess on his leg.

But it was just a simple procedure. They applied local anesthesia to my neck, and the consultant just opened a hole in the growth and scrapped all the pus out.

So, yes. There is now a hole in the back of my neck, and I need to change my dressing regularly. Luckily I got MC on Monday, so YAY for one more day of rest. =p

Edited to Add: Ok. It's like 1am now and I can't get to sleep. My body keeps telling me that there's a hole in my neck, and there's some guaze stuffed inside the hole and it's damn uncomfortable. It's not that painful (probably because I took painkillers just now), but yeah, nagging feeling that something is not right lor. Sigh.
8:29 PM