Manipulated
Wednesday, November 16, 2011
I am breaking out of my hiatus to post something I saw on the net.The original text is pasted below:
"Lately I’ve been seeing a lot of people using, manipulating, guilt tripping their friends for their selfish needs.
I know I did it before and I’m trying to change that, because it’s not fair. They will start to resent you because you’re treating them like trash.
Yes we’re all selfish, but you can choose not to do any of those. Think of how they feel, think what if that was you? How would you feel then?
Don’t treat your friends like crap for your selfish needs because they’re the only one who can drive, or afford things, or have A list club connections, etc. They have a life too. Abusing them will make them resent you and HATE you.
If someone tries to guilt trip/use/manipulate you and you know it, say that’s not alright and pretty fucked up of them to do so. If they complain and call you names… let’s be real here, they’re not your friend. So kick that bitch to the curve.
The one that I see most often is guilt tripping and that’s the worst in my opinion. How are you going to sit there and make your friend feel like SHIT so you can do what ever you do. You are one horrible excuse of a human being.
Don’t let someone walk all over you or make you feel bad for doing something you don’t want to do because it is NOT okay. Do yourself a favor, stand up for yourself because you have more respect for yourself then to let someone like that to disrespect you. Once again, if they call you names after you said no, they’re not your friends. Friends don’t make people feel like shit or call them names, that’s childish. So don’t feel like you lost someone important because you never did."
---
The reason why I felt such a need to share this is because I need to get something off my chest, something that has been haunting me for 2 years already.
I was guilt tripped and manipulated by a friend to do something illegal.
When I hesitated, she said “I don’t see why you are hesitating. You are helping me and my career”. I felt so guilty that I did it in the end.
I ended up hating her for guilt tripping me, and hated myself for not standing up to her. I still do, hate her and hate myself.
What I have been wanting to say to her is that: Yes, you can ask me to take part in your hare-brained scheme. But when I said no, RESPECT MY DECISION and BACK THE HELL OFF. FUCK YOU FOR GUILT TRIPPING ME. FUCK YOU! I hate you for making me feel this way. I hate you for making me constantly worried for 1 year. I hate you for making me lose trust in you. FUCK. YOU.
Never again. Never again I will let myself be guilt-tripped into doing something I don't want to do. I will say no, and if you don't respect my "no", then you aren't worth my time anymore.
Phew. It's great to get that off my chest. Now, back to hiatus....