Chinese New Year 2009
Monday, January 26, 2009
So, the rat squeaked quietly away, and the brazen ox came mooing into the new year.

As usual, we started the year with house visiting. As per last year, we visited the same 5 houses.

This year turned out to be rather interesting. Let me share with you some of my observations.

In my god-ma's house, we were watching the rerun of the CNY Countdown special on Channel 8, and it was the horoscope segment. All of us started talking about how almost all the Chinese horoscope signs seem to be facing a rather bleak year in this Year of the Ox. Well, Auntie Irene remarked, "In such a bleak economic situation, they wouldn't dare "predict" good things. Of course it is safer to say that almost everyone will have ill luck this year." HaHa! That is a new light into looking at things, and well, it is rather true. Of course it is easier to predict that everyone is gonna face a bleak year, because that's what everyone has been saying ever since the economies collapsed months ago. It will make their predictions more zhun, right? Haha!

Then, as we were leaving my god-ma's place, Aunt Veron told me that she heard that my grades are rather well, and told me to keep up the good work. I then realized that my mother has been telling her cousins about me, and that she was rather proud of me. I felt very 欣慰, that I was able to make Mother proud. After this exchange, I resolve to keep up my good work, and not let my parents and relatives down. =)

I got to see my maternal grandmother after one year, and I am rather concerned. It seems like she is getting more and more frail each year, and her mental condition is deteriorating. She is getting more and more paranoid, and certainly, being cooped up alone most of the time in such a big flat doesn't help matters. I just wish they will manage to persuade her to stay in Uncle Lok's house, where there are people looking after her constantly. I can tell Mother and Auntie Linda are very worried about her...

I kept eating and eating and drinking and drinking at each of the 5 houses. Let me tell you, I don't dare to touch my house's CNY food already. I got like, 恐惧镇 when I see CNY goodies now. OMG. That teaches me not to be so greedy and 贪吃 man, LOL.

I am so looking forward to ASG's CNY House Visiting this coming 初六. There will definitely be much joy and laughter, and of course, our overnight gambling tradition @ SL's house at the end. There will be vodka, bailey's and much much more! I hope to see all of you ASG there, ok? =D

Before I end, 让我向大家拜个年。 我祝大家身体健康,出入平安,在这个牛年里心想事成!恭喜发财!
9:28 PM